NaK Melt Pressure Transducers & Transmitters
MPI offers NaK (sodium-potassium) filled melt pressure transducers and transmitters which are 100% MERCURY FREE. MPI can ship 90% of orders within 1-2 days, including custom configurations since all modifications are done in-house. MPI offers best-in-class technical support for all our products and can offer solutions to any problems that you may face.
MPI’s NaK melt pressure transducers and transmitters are recommended for applications where high temperature capabilities (538°C/1,000°F) are required, such as processing high temperature engineered polymers, or in applications where FDA/USDA regulations must be met, such as food, medical, or pharmaceutical processes.
Pressure from the process is used to deflect the measuring diaphragm. This pressure is then transferred through a small, NaK-filled capillary system to a second diaphragm that is located inside the electronics housing (can). A strain gauge is mounted on this second diaphragm to measure the deflection, and then generate an electrical signal that is proportional to the process pressure.
An internal Rcal resistor is mounted on the strain gauge to allow for easy calibration at 80% of full scale. Melt pressure transducers require a special melt pressure indicator, which provides six-wire strain gauge input and both zero and 80% calibration. Our NaK melt pressure transmitters are suitable for PLC applications with 4-20mA (2wire and 4wire), 0-10VDC (4wire and 3wire), 0-5VDC, 1-5VDC, 2-10VDC, are any other custom signal input.
Request a quote today or contact MPI for more information on our NaK melt pressure transducers and transmitters.Call MPI at (800) 817-3486 to find out more about our inventory.
Full engineering support is available via email or by clicking on the Sales/Support LiveChat button below.
MK -Melt Pressure Transducers and Transmitters - NaK Fill (download Brochure)
MPI/Dynisco Cross Compatibility List
MPI/Gefran Cross Compatibility List
Features of NaK Melt Pressure Transducers & Transmitters
- Compatible with Dynisco, Gefran, GP50, and Gentran
- Max operating temperature - 538°C (1000°F)
- Transducer outputs: 0-3.33mV/V standard (optional: 2.0/2.5mV/V)
- Transmitter outputs: 4-20mA, 0-10VDC (optional: 0-5, 1-11, 0.5-9.5VDC)
- Ranges from 0-300psi to 0-30,000psi
- NaK fluid filled system for temperature stability
- Recommended for food, pharmaceutical & medical applications
- Internal 80% shunt calibration
- Standard 1/2-20 UNF thread c/w Inconel diaphragm for high wear & corrosion resistance
- Optional Hastelloy® C-276 diaphragm & threads
- Optional coatings: titanium nitride (TiN), titanium aluminum nitride (TiAlN),
- Optional threads: M18x1.5, M14x1.5, M10x1, etc.
- Optional IP65 (waterproof)
- Engineering tech support available by phone or email
- Large inventory of same day shipping items
- Quick delivery on custom products