NaK Melt Pressure Transducers & Transmitters
MPI’s NaK (sodium-potassium) melt pressure transducers and transmitters are recommended for applications where high temperature capabilities (538°C/1,000°F) are required, such as processing high temperature engineered polymers, or in applications where FDA/USDA regulations must be met, such as food, medical, or pharmaceutical processes.
Pressure from the process is used to deflect the measuring diaphragm. This pressure is then transferred through a small, NaK-filled capillary system to a second diaphragm that is located inside the electronics housing (can). A strain gauge is mounted on this second diaphragm to measure the deflection, and then generate an electrical signal that is proportional to the process pressure.
An internal Rcal resistor is mounted on the strain gauge to allow for easy calibration at 80% of full scale. Melt pressure transducers require a special melt pressure indicator, which provides six-wire strain gauge input and both zero and 80% calibration. Our NaK melt pressure transmitters are suitable for PLC applications with 4-20mA or 0-10VDC signal input.
Request a quote today or contact MPI for more information on our NaK melt pressure transducers and transmitters.
Features of NaK Melt Pressure Transducers & Transmitters
- Compatible with Dynisco, Gefran, GP50, and Gentran
- Max operating temperature - 538°C (1000°F)
- Transducer outputs: 0-3.33mV/V standard (optional: 2.0/2.5mV/V)
- Transmitter outputs: 4-20mA, 0-10VDC (optional: 0-5, 1-11, 0.5-9.5VDC)
- Ranges from 0-300psi to 0-30,000psi
- NaK fluid filled system for temperature stability
- Recommended for food, pharmaceutical & medical applications
- Internal 80% shunt calibration
- Standard 1/2-20 UNF thread c/w Inconel diaphragm for high wear & corrosion resistance
- Optional Hastelloy® C-276 diaphragm & threads
- Optional coatings: titanium nitride (TiN), titanium aluminum nitride (TiAlN),
- Optional threads: M18x1.5, M14x1.5, M10x1, etc.
- Optional IP65 (waterproof)
- Engineering tech support available by phone or email
- Large inventory of same day shipping items
- Quick delivery on custom products