Standard Melt Pressure Transducers
MPI’s standard melt pressure transducers use the proven, original 50-year-old design. A mercury-filled capillary system transmits pressure from the main process diaphragm to a secondary diaphragm, onto which a reliable 350ohm Wheatstone Bridge strain gauge is mounted, to measure deflection caused by the change in pressure and generate electrical signals proportional to process pressures.
An Rcal transistor, mounted on the strain gauge, provides easy calibration to 80% of full scale. MPI melt pressure transducers must be used in conjunction with a special melt pressure indicator which provides a 6-wire strain gauge input as well as both zero and 80% calibration.
Request a quote on melt pressure transducers for your application, or contact MPI to learn more.
MP - Melt Pressure Transducers - Standard Fill (download Brochure)
Features of Standard Mercury Fill Melt Pressure Transducers
- Also fully compatible with Dynisco, Gefran, GP50, and Gentran
- Max. operating temperature: - 400°C (750°F)
- Outputs: 0-3.33mV/V standard (optional: 2.0/2.5mV/V)
- Pressure ranges from 0-300psi to 0-30,000psi
- Fluid filled system for temperature stability
- Internal 80% shunt calibration
- Standard 1/2-20 UNF thread c/w Inconel diaphragm for high wear & corrosion resistance
- Optional Hastelloy® C-276 diaphragm & threads
- Optional coatings: titanium nitride (TiN), titanium aluminum nitride (TiAlN)
- Optional threads: M18x1.5, M14x1.5, M10x1, etc.
- Optional IP65 (waterproof)
- Engineering tech support available by phone or email
- Large inventory of same day shipping items
- Quick delivery on custom products