Extruder Rupture Disks
Extruder rupture disks provide a reliable and economical pressure relief safety device in extrusion and polymer processing applications. Extruder rupture disks can also be referred to as rupture pins, rupture disks, burst plugs, and burst disks.
MPI rupture disks offers standard features such as:
- Inconel end disk for consistent rupture over a wide temp range.
- 750°F (400°C) temp rating – optional up to 1000°F (535°C)
- 5% accuracy
- Stock ranges from 1500 – 15000psi
- Standard threads ½”-20UNF, ¾”-16NC, 5/8”-11NC, M18x1.5, M14x1.5
- Optional – threads, tip designs
Technical detail for proper installation and operation of extruder rupture disks:
- Proper Extruder Rupture Disk Installation
- Temperature Derating Curves
Request a quote today or contact us or call (800) 817-3486 for more information on our extruder rupture disks.
We at MPI manufacture our own line of extruder rupture disks, and maintain a worldwide network of distributors. As a result, we’re able to swiftly fill orders to replace extruder rupture disk products from manufacturers such as:
Technical & Engineering Assistance
Our goal is to help you minimize downtime as much as possible. We are available 12 hours a day, 5 days a week to provide assistance with any technical problems that arise. With more than 50 years of experience, we’re confident that our team has the solution to your problem.