Extruder Rupture Disks
MPI’s extruder rupture disks provide a simple and economical emergency pressure relief solution for plastic and rubber extrusion processes. Each unit is composed of a stainless steel threaded body with a rupture disk welded to the end. Each disk will burst at a preset pressure and temperature rating, with a ±5% standard tolerance.
Inconel is our standard rupture disk material thanks to its stability over a wide temperature range, but other materials are available for special applications. Contact us to discuss your custom requirements.
All units are factory tested to 80% of full pressure rating to minimize any nuisance failures. Multiple pieces from each lot are tested past their lot pressure rating until they burst to ensure all tolerances are met.
Full engineering support is available via email and phone.
Request a quote on extruded rupture disks for your application, or contact MPI for more information.
Features of MPI Extruder Rupture Disks
- Welded one piece assembly
- Standard threads: ½”-20UNF, 5/8”-11NC, ¾”-16NC, 1”-20UNF, M18x1.5, M14x15
- Ends available: Hex, NPT, wrench flat, screwdriver slot
- Standard Inconel disks provide stability over a wide temperature range
- Standard 300 series Stainless Steel body (optional Inconel, Hastelloy, etc.)
- Burst pressure ratings from 100 to 14500psi (7 – 1000bar)
- Burst disc size: 3/16” – 5” (4.5 – 127mm)
- Burst temperature ranges to 1000°F (538°C)
- Burst tolerance: ±5%
- 100% factory leak tested (to 70% rating)
- Engineering tech support available by email or phone
- Large inventory of same day shipping items
- Quick delivery on custom products
MPI also carries a complete line of melt pressure products, including melt pressure transducers, melt pressure transmitters, melt pressure cables, connectors, hole plugs, hole drill kits, and hole clean kits.