Custom Extruder Rupture Disk Designs
MPI’s extruder rupture disks come in many standard stock body designs, but we also offer custom units for special applications in quantities from 5 – 1000+ units. Contact us to discuss your custom requirements.
Custom Extruder Rupture Disk Options
- Welded one piece assembly
- All threads, including: ½”-20UNF, 5/8”-11NC, ¾”-16NC, 1”-20UNF, M18x1.5, M14x15 NPT, metric, reverse, custom
- Ends available: hex, NPT, wrench flat, screwdriver slot
- Standard Inconel disks remain stable over a wide temperature range
- Optional disc materials: Hastelloy, other stainless steels
- Standard 300 series stainless steel body (optional Inconel, Hastelloy, etc.)
- Burst pressure ratings from 100 to 20000psi (7 – 1400bar)
- Burst temperature ranges to 1000°F (538°C)
- Burst tolerance: ±5%
- 100% factory leak tested (to 80% rating)
- Engineering tech support available by email or phone
- Quick delivery on custom products – as little as 3-5 days!
For all custom designs, please send a drawing or complete our custom extruder specification sheet.
Full engineering support is available via email and phone.
MPI also carries a complete line of melt pressure products, including melt pressure transducers, melt pressure transmitters, melt pressure cables, connectors, hole plugs, hole drill kits, and hole clean kits.